These chocolate orange date bites are the perfect way to end a workout, a long day, or a sugar craving. They’re all natural and require only four ingredients!
And so ends the first week back in real life. Did you make it?
I tell ya, that first week back after a solid fortnight of indulging is rough. It’s been a crazy few days! Between trying to get caught up on posts, keeping healthy meals on the table, fighting with the weather gods who tried to ruin my photography, and dealing with some entertaining characters at my part-time job, I am about ready to kick up my feet and succumb to Netflix.
I’ve been doing pretty well on my pledge to eat healthy this month. This salad, this green juice, and these muffins have all been made and consumed with great enthusiasm. But I can’t say that I haven’t been craving chocolate. I’m always craving chocolate. It’s a problem.
For Christmas, I was gifted a Terry’s Chocolate Orange. You know the mandarins that are typically placed in the bottom of your stocking? My family subs those with Terry’s oranges. Why? Because they are SO TASTY. We all love them!
Obviously that chocolate orange is long gone, but I found myself craving the combination the other day. I couldn’t go out and buy another one, because that would defeat the purpose of kicking my butt back into health mode. So what’s a chocolate-loving, health-conscious girl to do?
Make chocolate orange date bites, of course!
These bites are awesome. They’re basically a cross between a ball of raw cookie dough and a Terry’s Chocolate Orange — but healthy! Is there anything better? Bonus: You only need four ingredients to make these heavenly chocolate bites, and they’re all natural!
Destroy those sugar cravings while giving yourself a burst of natural sugar and protein. I’d say that’s a perfect bite, wouldn’t you?
- 270g medjool dates (about 18 dates)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 tbsp pure, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 medium orange, zest and juice
- Prepare a baking sheet with a layer of parchment paper and set aside.
- To a food processor, add the dates, almonds, cocoa powder, and orange zest and juice. Blend all the ingredients together until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Measure the dough out into tablespoon portions and roll each portion into a ball. Place each ball on the prepped baking sheet.
- Chill the bites in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to firm up before consuming.
- These date bites will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.